Friday, June 7, 2013

Cowboy Theology

Texas of course is famous for its cowboys, and some of those rough riders are pretty smart fellas. Some even have better theology than some professors and preachers I know.

I heard the story of a cowboy who applied for health insurance. As the agent was making his way through a marathon list of questions, he asked the cowboy, “Have you had any accidents?”

The cowboy replied “No, none at all. I was bitten last year by a rattlesnake and a horse kicked me in the ribs. That did lay me up for awhile.”

The agent responded with a confused look on his fact, “Wouldn’t you call those accidents?”

“Why no,” said the cowboy, “They both did it on purpose!”


(I don't know who wrote this--if you do, please share. I would like to be able to credit the author!)

No comments: