Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The Pink Shirt

A long long time ago, in what seems like a whole different galaxy and a whole lifetime ago, my daughter bought me, with her own money and not on my birthday or Mother's Day or Christmas, a cute pink shirt. Because she thought I would like it. and I did.

Then the whole world kinda fell aprt...and she left...and she hated us...and betrayed us...and I hid that shirt where I didn't think I would find it. Some time later, I came across it. And the pain was fierce. I came very close to throwing it away.

But I didn't. Now it is in the very back of my closet, reminding me of who she used to be, who she will be again someday. I have to trust.

Sometimes that shirt mocks me. Some times it gently chides me. But sometime I will wear it again.

1 comment:

MamaNan said...

You need to wear that pink shirt and remember the good times with the beautiful girl. Don't let that shirt take away the blessing it was and is!! :)