Thursday, October 13, 2011

I wish I could tell you...

I wish I could tell you:
how much I love you
how much I miss you
that it is not my intention to ruin your life and that I don't want you to ruin it
that I want you to be happy but you can't always be happy
he won't always make you happy
that I want you to really know God
that many are praying for you
that I cried today...
...and yesterday...
...and the day before that...


I wish I could ask you to:
talk to someone who is wise
open your heart, to someone besides him
take advantage of your opportunity to get an education
be patient


I wish you could understand:
no one can "make you happy"
you won't always "be happy"
happiness is not joy
where the path you are choosing really leads
that you are enough on your own, you don't need a man to fulfill you
the pain the ones who love you are feeling


life is not a movie and there are no happy endings--just life, with busyness, irritations, and many moments: good moments, bad moments, indifferent moments


And I wish that I could remember no matter what your choices are, you are responsible for them before God.

No comments: