Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Love Through Me---A Mighty Tall Order


"Love this world through me Lord, this world of broken men. Thou didst love through death, Lord, love through me again. Souls are in despair; make me know and care. When my life they see, may they behold Thee,love this world through me."

What I think I am really saying here is: God help me to love the person that I don't think I can. And God help me to show love to my daughter. I FEEL love and concern and fear for her future but I am not showing Your love to her..."prodigal son" love..."love the sinner, hate the sin" love..."the thief on the cross" love..."love that will not let me go" love...the love Jesus has for me--how He is always there, every time I stumble and fall.

Now I think I understand, in a very limited way, the grief God feels when we stray from Him.

No comments: