Wednesday, October 5, 2011

We Need to Teach Our Daughters


We need to teach our daughters the difference between:

A man who flatters her and a man who compliments her.
A man who spends money on her and a man who invests in her.
A man who views her as property and a man who views her properly.
A man who lusts after her and a man who loves her.
A man who believes he is God's Gift to women and a man who remembers a woman was God's gift to man.

And then teach our sons to be the second kind of man.

This has been floating around Facebook for the past couple of weeks and I find it to be so convicting. I wish I could sit down with my girl, without tears or fears, without accusation or emotion, without passion or intensity, and share with her my fear that her guy is not "that kind of man." I wish I could help her see I am not trying to "steal her happiness" but rather to protect her. It is too late to protect her heart--she's already given that away--but her future, her dreams, her very soul...need protection and she cannot see that.




No comments: