Tuesday, October 4, 2011

"To Love God..."

"To love God is to love His will. It is to wait quietly for life to be measured by One who knows us through and through. It is to be content with His timing and His wise appointment.” ― Elisabeth Elliot

To love His will is to die to your own will...to wait patiently...to set aside your own pleasure and happiness for the joy He has planned for you. His timing is different from our timing as His perspective is eternal. He is not so concerned with our happiness as He is with our holiness.

I am not speaking as one who is anywhere near the holiness threshold--in fact, I am continually reminded of my shortcomings and fail to do the good that I desire to do.

‎"The willing is present but the doing is not..." Stupid old emotions and attitudes. But am I stupid for caring????

No comments: